Wales Millennium Centre exhibition tours and workshops
November 5th, 2019
I’m now in the final stages of planning my Painting Dance exhibition at Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff Bay, and am very excited to confirm a number of events that will accompany the exhibition.
Audio/touch tours for visitors with visual impairments will be delivered by Alastair Sill of Word of Mouth (supported by Ballet Cymru dancers and myself) at the following times:
- Sunday 1st December – 2.30pm and 7pm
- Friday 6th December – 7.45pm
Tours will be free of charge, informal, and run for a little over an hour.
Booking from November 22nd via the venue box office (tel 029 2063 6464) and website.
Figure drawing workshops – led by me and modelled by pairs of Ballet Cymru dancers – will explore movement and expression using some of the approaches I’ve been developing in my recent work. They will run for around ninety minutes, with dancers improvising together and working interactively with participants to discover poses.
Workshops will take place in Glanfa – the main hall of the building – beginning at the following times:
- Sunday 1st December – 12.30pm and 5pm
- Friday 6th December – 2pm and 5pm
- Saturday 14th December – 11.30am and 5.30pm
- Thursday 19th December – 11.30am and 5.30pm
- Saturday 21st December – 11.30am and 5.30pm
- Saturday 4th January – 11.30am and 5.30pm
These events will be free of charge, and suitable for children and adults of all abilities and experience. Materials will be provided, though everyone is welcome to bring their own.
No booking required.
Do come along!